Friday, September 2, 2011

Thrifty Phoenix

Today is the last day (hopefully) that I will be in Phoenix. I feel like I've already been here like a week, but no, it's only been two days. We just relaxed this morning and went to breakfast. Then, a group of us decided to go out and about, so naturally, we went to Goodwill. Everyone loves a good thrift store. It was dollar day too! It was really exciting except for the fact that 1) I don't want to spend my Jerusalem spending money NOT in Jerusalem, 2) I don't have any weight allowance in my suitcase to add anything, and 3) there weren't that many treasures at this Goodwill Store. That's alright though. Afterwards we went back to the hotel to have lunch and chat. I figured I should probably work on my reading for classes, so I tried. We have to read Genesis 1-20 and a bunch of readings that our teachers emailed to us since we've missed class. Like I said, I tried, but I failed. I just kinda fell asleep... the beds are so comfy I couldn't help it! Traveling always makes you really tired, so I figured I better catch up on as much sleep as possible beforehand... right? I think it's really smart. I did actually get some reading done after my nap though, as well as packing. My suitcases are actually being a lot easier to pack than I anticipated! It's a relief. For dinner I got a delicious burger with green chilies, bacon, pepper jack cheese, and avocado. Afterward, we just played games in the conference room. We played Scattergories (one of my favorites) and Apples to Apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment