Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Month in Review: June

Matt and I stayed busy finishing up our Spring Term classes. We both finished with flying colors during the third week! I even got an A in my computer programming class. I'm still rather proud of myself. Let me know if you have any need of my C++ skillz.

I also started summer classes. It never stops. I took Spanish Linguistics and Spanish Literature--my last two classes for my minor! Yippee!

About a day after finals, Matt left his month-long ROTC training at Fort Knox, Kentucky. :( The camp/training is called LDAC, and it's the assessment course that all graduating cadets have to go through. They get scored on various leadership and Army skills, and those scores go into their assessment for active duty. (It's all a little confusing... I just catch little bits and details and nod my head.) This was definitely the downside to my summer! It was so hard to have him gone for so long! But as you'll see, I tried to keep myself pretty busy.




Before shooting rifles - Matt is in the front row, second from the right
My best friend from high school, Jessica, came to visit me for a few days! She and I were so close in high school, but we haven't been able to spend much time together since then. It was so fun to have her visit, and it felt like hardly any time had passed at all! I love friendships like that. It was Jess's first time in Utah, so I tried to show her some of the best that we have to offer. We hike Bridal Veil Falls, went to an Owlz baseball game, toured BYU campus, went to the Manti Pageant, ate JDawgs and Station 22, and had an all-around good time! We both decided that she definitely needed to visit again. I loved having company right after Matt left, and it was fun to try out our "guest room" for the first time (aka a blowup mattress in the study room). 


Senior Football Game - 2009/10
Hiking Bridal Veil - 2014

My Grandma Goulding turned 80 this year, so we had a big party and mini-reunion with all her siblings and their children (and grand-children and great-grand-children!). We had a big barbecue at one of the local parks, so all the kids had plenty of room to play. It was fun to see some of my extended family that I don't know as well. My favorite part, though, was listening to my grandma tell stories. She shared a shortened version of her life history, and it was so fascinating and entertaining! She grew up on a farm (lots of fun stories there), went to BYU and worked in the Athletic Director's and the President's office, earned her college degree from Berkley, had a great career... she really is an inspiration to me in a lot of ways. I'm thankful for her example and encouragement through my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment