Tuesday, August 7, 2012

MPPP #3: Canvas Paintings

My third Pinterest project was canvas paintings. I was planning on following this tutorial for canvases with paper underneath paint, showing through on the letters (does that make sense? Just look at the link...). It was really cute, and naturally I wanted to try it with all or my encyclopedia pages. But once I had the canvases in front of me, I wasnt really feeling it. BTW: I got the canvases for super cheap at JoAnn's-- they always have canvases for a low price, but then I got a 40% coupon in the mail AND got a 15% student discount. Booyah. So as I was staring at my two 12x16 canvases, I just kinda decided to go for whatever. That's one awesome thing about creative projects: sometimes it's jsut better to let go of the plans and be creative. As a control freak and perfectionist, this can be hard sometimes, but the only way to truly be creative and create something spectacular is to let go of the fear of failure. There is a quote that I just adore from Oscar Wilde that says "You can never be overdressed or overeducated." How perfect is that? As a total school nerd and dress-up addict, I feel like this quote describes my life. The second canvas is a chevron-- a classic pattern that you can never go wrong with. I'm not sure where in the apartment I'll hang them, but we'll see. I'll take a pic of them hanging when I figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment