Thursday, February 6, 2014

4 Reasons Why I Love School

After taking a year-long break from school, I could not be happier to be back this semester. It feels like coming home. I felt like a nervous freshie again, anticipating the first day of class and making sure I knew where all my classrooms were. To my surprise, school is better than I remembered.

At school, you know what is expected of you. Where else is every expectation and formula for success laid out in a syllabus? For a stresser like me, syllabi are heavenly.

At school, you can ask whatever questions you want. The (possibly) even better part is that people can usually provide answers. This can of course lead to some "dumb" questions, but hey, get them out in the world. Ask away, my curious friend.

At school, you have a purpose. It's not some abstract concept or lost wandering--you know exactly where you're going and what you're doing. I know what classes I'm taking, and I even know what I'll be taking next semester. I'm getting a degree. I'm networking with professors. I know what's up.

At school, you get to learn everyday. Ok, I realize that there are opportunities to learn everyday without being in school, but it's a little harder. I learned a lot when I was a professional blogger (oh yes, I was a blog writer for a company this last Fall) because I had to write about unfamiliar topics. But otherwise, it's hard to consciously learn things. I love to learn, though, so I love school. It's a given.

These are just a few of my musings about school. Maybe I'll add more later. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment