Monday, August 15, 2011

Family Dinner

Last night (Sunday) was our last family dinner with everyone present until I get back from Jerusalem. It all kind of hit me that I won't see my family for four months (well... except for when my parents come visit me for a day). Even when I left last year for college, I knew I would see my family all the time. Both of my sisters and their families live only 20 minutes away from BYU, and my parents were up in Utah a lot since Caitlin was born. I really didn't go without seeing someone in my family for more than a week and a half. Now, I really will be without my fam, and it's kinda sad! Even though my mom and I will be staying up here in Utah until I leave for Jerusalem, my dad had to go back to TX for work, so Sunday night was the last time we would be all together. My mom put me in charge of the menu, so I chose really "American" foods since I probably won't get that much familiar food while I'm gone (and that's totally fine... I love trying new things). We had BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, corn on the cob, salad, and mac and cheese; for dessert we had cheesecake and chocolate creme pie. Delish! I figured pulled pork was especially appropriate since I doubt I will have any pork at all in Israel. The food was great, and the company was even better :) I love spending time with my family! We all have very different personalities, but I love it when we can all come together and just have a good time. After dinner we played with Caitlin and her new wooden blocks (which we enjoyed more than she did), and we played with Chelsea and Tyler's Kinect. The Kinect is awesome. I've always been somewhat averse to video games, mostly because I couldn't figure out the controllers. Since the Kinect doesn't use any controllers, it's the perfect game! It was really fun and entertaining to watch us all try to do the games. I'm so glad that we were able to spend the evening all together.

Love a good self-timer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment